Thursday, December 17, 2009

Spin's 30 Biggest Concerts of 2009 - U2 #8


SOLDIER FIELD, CHICAGO
SEPTEMBER 13

It takes 120 semis to haul the stage for U2's 360 World Tour from town to town, and at the opening date of the U.S. leg at Chicago's Soldier Field, the over-the-top production paid off. The Irish band went out all for their 23-song set, playing their hits beneath an "enormous claw-like structure pierced with a towering, glowing spire hulking over a rotating stage and 360-degree screen," wrote SPIN's Kyle Ryan. "It's precisely the kind of thing that leaves concertgoers staring slack-jawed and primed for the sensory overload the world's biggest band is required to provide."

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I’m a big fan of U2 and I used to attend their concerts, but I hate paying much for tickets. Few months ago, I missed a concert because I could not find cheap tickets that I could afford. Then, I became determined to find a cheaper way to purchase tickets so I would never suffer that same indignity again. After some time of search, I may say that I have finally reached my goal and found a way to buy concert tickets cheaply! Only two nights ago, I came across an interesting website that carries wide selections of tickets at interesting discounts. I was really surprised by the prices they have. You may share with me this experience by checking the site yourself.
http://www.ticketsout.com/