Saturday, February 05, 2005

articles 2/5

Atlantic Monthly
The Accidental Autocrat
Vladimir Putin is not a democrat. Nor is he a czar like Alexander III, a paranoid like Stalin, or a religious nationalist like Dostoyevsky. But he is a little of all these—which is just what Russians seem to want.

CNN
Dean virtually locks up DNC chairmanship
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean appears to have virtually locked up the chairmanship of the Democratic National Committee, after his last major challenger dropped out of the race and endorsed him Friday night. Veteran party activist Donnie Fowler, who had been positioning himself as the alternative candidate to Dean, said it was "clear" Dean had the votes to become the new chairman when DNC members vote next week.

Korean Nuclear Games
by Peter Brookes

The Democrats Go Dean Crazy; Hil Tacks Right
by Lizzy Ratner & Ben Smith

Work Week Tyranny
by Shawn Macomber
What right has a democratic government to limit working hours?

Reform Abroad
The message of Bush's foreign policy: No more Somozas.

Study the Words
Bush's policies didn't surprise those who were paying attention before his election.
by Kiron Skinner

A Realigning Election
President Bush never accepted the notion that Iraqis or other Arab or Muslim peoples are not "ready" for democracy. As a result millions of Iraqis (and Afghans) have now voted.b
y Robert Kagan and William Kristol

Birth of a Democracy
Soon the whole Middle East will see Iraq's national assembly at work.
by Reuel Marc Gerecht

If Not Now, When?
Bush grasps the nettle on Social Security.
by Fred Barnes

Sticking to His Guns
The consistency of Bush's foreign policy.
by Stephen F. Hayes

America the Incredible
by Douglas Kern
Every twenty years or so, we don the mask. The author on a uniquely American phenomenon.

Booing FDR
by Duane Freese
Those Democrats opposing Social Security reform mark the death of an old Democratic dream.

W. Times
Bush targets wavering Democrats
President Bush President Bush yesterday turned up the political heat on fence-sitting Democratic senators by storming onto their home turf to rally support for his Social Security reform plans.

A Short History of Deanism
by David Brook

Demographics and the Culture War
by Stanley Kurtz

Abraham Lincoln as Statesman
by Dinesh D'Souza

The Future of Iraq & U.S. Occupation
by Noam Chomsky

GOP judicial strategy
by Robert Novak
Senate Republican leaders have decided to begin their use of the "nuclear option" -- forcing confirmation of President Bush's judicial nominations with a majority Senate vote -- on an African-American woman blocked by Democrats from a federal judgeship.

The Compensation Conundrum
by Stephen Bainbridge
"Providence moves slowly, but the devil always hurries."

Tortured by Symbols: A New Flag Controversy
By Ronida Adamson
Is it torture to wrap someone in an Israeli flag? How about a Swiss flag?

The United States as an Indebted Empire
by Desmon Lachman
How the US risks conceding leverage.

No War Over Oil
By Arnold Kling
Irving Kristol wrote in 'The Neoconservative Persuasion' that neoconservatives 'tend to be more interested in history than economics or sociology.' If neoconservatives want to launch a war over oil using hybrid automobiles and plant-based bio-fuels, then I fear that the cost of their economic ignorance could make the invasion of Iraq look cheap by comparison.

Never Can Say Goodbye
Can Michael Jackson stop being a freak to save his life?
By Dahlia Lithwick

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY articles 2/5 I am searching for fresh information
for my schools for troubled teens pennsylvania, tons of content daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
schools for troubled teens pennsylvania
schools for troubled teens pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would stop by and say "Hello djc." It's been a hectic
but very worthwhile last few days for me. In searching for more texas troubled teens related info on the Internet, I came across your site. I appreciate your content and I really appreciate your this post! It's been a great help in collecting more info on texas troubled teens. Thanks again and have a great day!

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about this post . Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work,
Thanks articles 2/5,

Anonymous said...

Hey djc. Very nice blog :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my truck. It is my baby. Took me 2 hours though. So I settled down into my basement and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my masters degree and have spent the last 6 months researching low rate credit cards. In the midst of my surfing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am intruding but I must say it is great blog. Even though articles 2/5 is way off base from low rate credit cards I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last half hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote don’t your url and feel free to visit me here at low rate credit cards. I am so busy so I can only update my site monthly. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Hey djc. Very nice blog :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my truck. It is my baby. Took me 2 hours though. So I settled down into my basement and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my masters degree and have spent the last 6 months researching low rate credit cards. In the midst of my surfing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am intruding but I must say it is great blog. Even though articles 2/5 is way off base from low rate credit cards I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last half hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote don’t your url and feel free to visit me here at low rate credit cards. I am so busy so I can only update my site monthly. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Well this blog certainly is not about credit cards counseling. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching credit cards counseling and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from credit cards counseling anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching credit cards counseling.
Even though my search is not on articles 2/5 I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!

Anonymous said...

Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. djc I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on credit cards fixed rates and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across articles 2/5 but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to credit cards fixed rates. I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog

Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about credit cards fixed rates. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on credit cards fixed rates and it brought me to your blog on articles 2/5. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog djc and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW djc. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on bank credit cards. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though articles 2/5 really isn’t on the same page as bank credit cards I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at bank credit cards. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog djc. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of bank america credit cards and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on bank america credit cards. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit articles 2/5 again!!